Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Loose Meats


Call them what you want...taverns, sloppy joe's, loose meats, so long as it floats your boat.

1 pound hamburger, browned in small pieces
a little onion (cook with hamburger)
1 can chicken gumbo soup
1/3 c ketchup
1 TBSP mustard
1/3 c brown sugar

Cook on stovetop or put in crock pot until desired consistency for your loose meats.

I like these, but sometimes I have a hard time finding chicken gumbo soup. I have used alphabet soup in place of the gumbo, but it's not the same. What else I love about these is that they can be placed in the slow cooker with added liquid and will be warm all day long. My parents make these a lot when they are doing house projects.

EDIT: I ADDED THE PICTURE ON 10/03/2009. NOTE: I USED "LIGHT" CHICKEN GUMBO SOUP FOR THIS RECIPE AND ONLY 2 TBSP OF BROWN SUGAR.

No comments: