Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Pork and Taters

Please forgive me for the hiatus--I was quite busy! I'll try and update when I can.

I just made this for a dinner party at my place in Vermillion for my friends! You can easily substitute the meat (such as adding ham instead of pork chops) and creamed soups!


sliced raw potatoes (probably about 6-8, or just enough to fill up an 11x13 pan 2/3 full)
celery --about 2 stalks, chopped
1/2 chopped onion

Cut into bite-sized wedges. Mix and put in a greased 11x13 inch pan.


In a separate bowl mix:

1 can cream of celery soup
milk (about 1/2-3/4 of a cup)
cheese (about 4-6 oz)--Velveeta Light works best!

Pour over top of food in pan and mix well.

Put pork chops on top (don't forget to season with salt and pepper) and bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour or until all food is done. Can also make in crockpot. Just mix meat and potatoes (cut the meat into chunks) then pour liquid over.

I absolutely love this recipe. My mom used to make this after church on Saturday nights.

No comments: