Sunday, February 22, 2009

Artichoke Chix

Another recipe from 365 Days of Crockpotting. I changed it just a tad...but not enough to make a difference in taste, I'm sure.

1 1/2-2 lbs chicken
1 large can diced tomatoes, DO NOT DRAIN
1 can artichoke hearts, drained
1 jar of green olives (you can reduce this...I LOVE olives)
black pepper to taste

Place all in the slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8. Serve over couscous, brown rice or quinoa. I served it over couscous. Tomorrow I'll be serving it over quinoa, which I finally found at Wh0le F00ds today.

This was very tender! So tender, in fact, it was falling apart as it came out of the cooker! I thought it tasted great, and so did Jeff. However, the next time I make it I'll add black olives in the mix, and maybe some onion, because I felt it was missing some flavor.

No comments: