Saturday, December 05, 2009

Cheesy Pineapple Bake


1205091309.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine

I love pineapple pizza, but I don't love the fat and calories that come with it. Every once in a while I'll make this casserole and devour it! It's pizza without the crust!

Ingredients
1 can pineapple chunks, drained well
3/4-1 cup cheese--I used 2% Colby-jack
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Pizza sauce (optional)

Grease a baking dish then add the pineapple in one layer. Next, add the Colby-jack cheese. On top of that add little drops of pizza sauce if you want, otherwise, top all with the Parmesan cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven until it is browned/melted.

VERDICT: This is basically a crustless pizza. I love this, Jeff doesn't. He actually hates pineapple pizza, so it's rare I get it. But, with this dish, I get the entire thing! Yay!

No comments: