Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's the Day Before the Night Before Christmas

Even though I'm iced in, I feel the need to cook and bake! Here are this year's Christmas cookies. Enjoy!

Ingredients for the cookies:
Cream together: 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar.
Blend in: 1 medium egg (I use large and there's no problem)
Sift and add: 2 tsp baking powder and 2 cups flour (I don't sift, and I don't have problems)
Blend in: 1/2 tsp vanilla

Chill. Roll out to desired thickness and cut with a pumpkin cookie cutter. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.

Frosting:
1 lb powdered sugar
1 cup shortening (Crisco)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. butter flavoring
water

Mix half of sugar with the shortening. Then, add vanilla and butter flavoring. Mix in the rest of the powdered sugar slowly--add water to create your desired consistency.

No comments: