Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Light Coleslaw

Sometimes, to make my life easier, I use bagged coleslaw from the produce aisle of my favorite grocery store, because it has already been shredded and has the carrots in it.

3/4 C Light Miracle Whip
Scant 1/4 C Splenda
7-8 C cabbage, shredded
1/3 C carrot, shredded
1/4 C white onion, chopped
1/4 tsp celery seed
ground black pepper to taste

Whip Miracle Whip and Splenda in a large bowl. Add onions and seasonings and mix. Then add cabbage and carrots. Store in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.

I make this A LOT during the summer and fall. Mom and Dad always send me a couple cabbage heads out of their garden when they're tired of it.

Edit on 04/05/09: You may substitute 1 package of broccoli slaw for the cabbage mixture in this recipe. It still tastes fantastic!

No comments: