Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another Version of Loose Meats

I invented this recipe when I ran out of ingredients for another loose meat recipe.

1 lb at least 93% lean ground beef, browned and drained (with onions, optional)
1 C ketchup
1-2 TBSP yellow mustard
1-2 TBSP onion powder (or more, if you're like me and love the onion taste)
1-2 TBSP green chilies (sometimes I use the entire can, sometimes I don't use it at all--but you can do this to your liking.)

Simmer all ingredients in the same skillet that you browned the beef until thick--almost cream-like. If if the mixture is dry add 1-2 TBSP water. Place beef mixture on buns.

I really like this, but I have to admit that if it were up to me, I would not use the green chilies at all. However, Jeff likes chilies, so we do have them from time to time.

No comments: