Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Creamy Mac Salad

This is one of those recipes I lightened using ingredients I like.

Cook pasta shells (about 3 cups--dry pasta) to aldente. Drain and rinse in cold water until pasta is cool to the touch.

Meanwhile add the following ingredients to a large, glass bowl:

1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 of a green pepper
1/4 of an onion
1-2 TBSP diced pimento
pinch of salt
1 tsp pepper (I probably used A LOT more)
Scant 1/4 cup Splenda (I didn't measure this, so it's a guesstimate)
1/4 tsp celery seed

Mix in:
1 C Fat Free plain yogurt
1/3 C fat free sour cream
1/4 C Light Miracle Whip

Add pasta shells to the creamy vegetable mixture and let sit at least 4 hours, preferably 6, or overnight.

OMGoodness! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! And, yes, I know that celery seed is expensive, but I love how it flavors everything. Next time, I would probably add more onion to the mix, and a little bit more LMW to keep it moist. But, overall, much healthier for you than the stuff from the local deli.

No comments: