Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Flake O'Chicken

A lighter version of deep fried chicken tenders. I really like how these have a little crunch to them. My mom uses butter and rice krispies on her crispy chicken, but this is A LOT healthier.

1 lb chicken tenders, or cut chicken breasts into strips (for fun, dice chicken and make chicken poppers!)
1 cup fat free plain yogurt or buttermilk
2 cups crushed corn flakes (as always, I use generic)
OPTIONAL: 1-2 tsp of your favorite spice (sometimes it's just salt & pepper for me, other times it's dry ranch, or a chili powder.)

Mix corn flakes and spice (if using) in a shallow pan (I like to use a pie pan). Place yogurt or buttermilk in a bowl. Dip chicken in yogurt or buttermilk and shake off excess, then place in corn flakes. Place on greased pan and cook in a 400 degree oven until done (about 25 minutes).

I make these a lot, because I can change the spices with the chicken. I don't coat the bottom of the chicken with corn flakes, because they just get soggy.

No comments: