Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sweet Chicken

This was adapted from 365DaysofCrockpotting (dot) com. I made it according to the directions I found there the first time, and thought it was too sweet, plus the chicken dried out. So, I worked the recipe around and came up with this.

NOTE: THIS IS A RECIPE FOR TWO. I used my small slow cooker.

1/2 lb chicken tenders
1/3 c brown sugar(plus a few tbsp if you're not really measuring and just packing it in the cup like I did)
2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1-2 TBSP Low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup 7-UP (I use diet)
3/4 cup chicken broth

Place liquids in the slow cooker then add chicken, toss to coat. Place in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours. The sauce does not thicken, so you may add either flour or cornstarch if you want a thicker sauce.

I served the chicken with a side of brown rice with the sweet sauce.

I really liked the chicken this way! It was sweet, but not too sweet. Jeff thought it was okay, but would have preferred hot chilies in it. I'm going to keep on making this, but I might add onions and green or red peppers the next time.

No comments: