Sunday, March 08, 2009

Ranched Chix

OMG. You. HAVE. to. try. this. dish! I found this at 365 Days of Crockpotting, and I will be forever in debt to Stephanie. I did edit it a little, to reduce calories and fat, but it was fantastic. I also used the oven method, because I was crunched for time.

Go. Go now and get the ingredients.


1 lb. chicken breasts (cut into 4 servings)
1/2 C. Light Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
1/4 C. Less sodium teriyaki sauce (I used Kikkoman)
4-6 slices center cut bacon, diced and cooked crisply
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Grease an 8x8 pan and place chicken breasts into it (note: you could use 1 1/2 lbs and not have to change any liquids ). Mix the ranch and teriyaki sauce together and poor over the chicken, coating well. Sprinkle bacon over the sauce, the sprinkle the cheese over dish. Cover with foil and bake for at least 30 minutes at 425 degrees, or until chicken is done. During the last 10 minutes of cooking remove foil so the cheese may brown.

NOTE: THIS COULD EASILY BE MADE IN A SLOW COOKER. But, I would add some olive oil to the bottom of the cooker so it doesn't burn.

WOW. Jeff and I LOVED LOVED LOVED this dish! It's so easy, and tastes great. I was a little skeptical, but this is now one of my favorite dishes. The sauce is fantastic and cold be used as a gravy over potatoes. AND, IT DID NOT MAKE ME SICK! We had to run Morgan to the animal hospital (don't ask), and I had just eaten, so I was worried, but I did fine. YAY ME!

Oh, and both Morgan and Sasha are fine. Morgana has to be on antibiotics for a UTI.

No comments: