Monday, March 09, 2009

Cream Cheese Chix

Another recipes from Stephanie at 365 Days of Crockpotting...and another one that I can't believe I haven't tried before!! This is another MUST HAVE recipe, and this one was made in the slow cooker.

1 lb chicken
1 can cream of celery soup--the healthy one
1/2-1 C. fat free chicken broth
1 packet Italian dressing mix (I used Good Seasons)
1 8 0z block of fat free cream cheese, cut in cubes

Place everything except the cream cheese in the slow cooker and cook until chicken is done (my chicken over cooked a little, but it didn't hurt anything!), about 3-4 hours on high and 5-8 on low. Once chicken is done take out and shred with two forks, then place back in slow cooker. Add cream cheese and set cooker to high for about 30 minutes, or until cream cheese is melted and incorporated.

WOWZER. This is another great recipe! We ate this over buttered pasta, and the sauce was rich, but not overwhelming. The flavors mesh well, and it's even better the 2nd day. I can't wait to make this again--and I'm wondering what it would taste like with ranch powder instead of Italian?! NOTE: Stephanie's original recipe calls for garlic, however, I don't care for garlic, so I omitted it. It still is a winner recipe, though!

Note: This makes six 1/2 cup servings.

No comments: