Saturday, April 18, 2009

Peanut Butter Popcorn


0418092039.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
This is my favorite non-plain popcorn recipe. I found it in a community recipe book from back home and decided to adapt it for my needs. We enjoy this the most while watching movies or sports and drinking beer. I should tell you that these are approximate measurements. I don't always measure when I make this recipe.

1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup white corn syrup
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt

Pop the popcorn in an air popper and set aside. Meanwhile, add sugar and syrup to a pan and cook over medium heat until boiling. Boil for at least one minute then remove from heat and add peanut butter, mixing well. Pour over popped popcorn and fold ingredients until mixed--not every piece will have peanut butter on it. Add salt and fold once or twice. Let sit for 5-10 minutes for the flavors to meld.

THIS IS FABULOUS. Sometimes we make more, sometimes less. The recipe can easily be doubled, tripled or quadrupled. ONCE AGAIN: THIS RECIPE IS GREAT AND YOU MUST MAKE IT.

No comments: