Monday, April 13, 2009

Drunken Chicken


0413091846.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
I wanted to make a tender chicken breast so that I could have 3 nights of chicken meals this week. I decided to use the same technique I use to boil brats: a beer bath. The beer provides just a smidgen of flavor, yet leaves the chicken tender.

1 1/2 pounds (or more) of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 12-oz bottle of beer--I used Bud Light
The equivalent of 2 cups chicken broth (I used chicken base and water)

Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker then add the liquid. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-8.


Jeff and I really liked this chicken. It was tender and juicy, which was perfect for the barbecue sauce we put with it tonight. There is a little bit of beer flavor to the chicken, but the beer flavor does not overwhelm the chicken taste. Better yet, we have cooked chicken ready to go for the next two nights!

No comments: