Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pot Roast in Mushroom Sauce


0419091900.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
I had extra mushrooms and needed to use them up, so I threw all of this in the slow cooker this morning.

1 2-3 lb. beef roast
4-5 (or more) carrots, sliced then cut at 1-3 inches
2-3 stalks of celery cut at 1-3 inches
1/2-3/4 package mushrooms, sliced
3-4 large red potatoes, cut into large cubes
1 can cream of celery soup
2 cans water
1 tsp. chicken soup base

Throw the carrots and celery into the bottom of the slow cooker, then add the roast. Place the potatoes and mushrooms around the roast, then add the water, base and soup. Set on high for 4-8 hours, turning the roast at least once during cooking and stir.

About 30 minutes before take out the roast, potatoes, carrots and celery. Let rest in a warm place. Meanwhile, make a gravy by adding 1-2 TBSP of flour to the mushroom and sauce in the pot. Leave on high until thickened.

I really liked this. I like cooked carrots, so I used a lot. I like the sauce that it made, but then again, I like mushrooms. Jeff at leftovers from yesterday, so I'll see how he likes it tomorrow.

No comments: