Monday, May 25, 2009

Buffalo Chix Wraps


0525091803.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
I saw a version of this recipe in the comments section of A Year of Crockpotting. However, I changed it so that it used less hot sauce and added some celery seed.

1 lb chicken (I bought the stir-fry tenders)
1/2 c. wing sauce (I used Ott's)
1/4 c. light ranch dressing (Light Hidden Valley)
1/4 tsp. celery seed
black pepper
1/2 c. water

Mix sauce, dressing, spices and water together. Place chicken in slow cooker and pour sauces over. Cook on low 4-6 hours, or until chicken is done.

For the wrap:
Buffalo chicken and sauce (from above)
4 flour tortillas
lettuce
extra ranch dressing

One one third of the tortilla place desired amount of chicken and sauce, then add lettuce and if desired, extra ranch dressing. Roll up.


Jeff really liked this, although it was still a little too warm for my tastes. I wish I could find a buffalo sauce that was more mild. He will be taking the leftovers to work for the next two days, while I munch on something else--mainly because he loved it so much. I thought the flavors melded together well, so I will be eating this again in the future! (Even though it's a little hot!)

No comments: