Saturday, May 23, 2009

Spicy Beef Sammie


0523091809.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
This was perfect for supper tonight! It is spicy, tangy and everything in between. This slow cooked meal will definitely become a staple. I forgot where I found this at...so if it's yours let me know and I'll credit you!

2-3 lb (or larger) beef roast
1 bottle of beer (I used Bud Light)
1/3 c. sliced mild peppercini
6-7 whole mild peppercini
1/2 c. peppercini juice
1/3 c. roasted red pepper
1 Italian Dressing seasoning pack

Place all in a slow cooker on high for 4-5 hours, or until the beef is done and tender. Remove the meat and shred--I use two forks to shred the meat. When the meat is shredded, place back in juices and let simmer until ready to eat.

This was great! I forgot to put 1 cup of beef broth in this, and I think I like the recipe the way it is, so I won't be adding it in the future. I put this on wheat hot dog buns and added cheddar cheese. (I forgot provolone!! How could I forget provolone?!)

I put this away and debated about leaving it in juice or not. I left the juice in it, and will just use a slotted spoon to get the meat out so it doesn't dry out. However, I'm hoping the flavor doesn't increase, because it's spicy enough for me now! (NOTE: It did not get spicier, but the flavors did become more savory! I also used my 2% Natural Kraft Cheese--the one with a white sharp cheddar, Swiss, and Parmesean cheese blend. IT WAS FANTASTIC!)

No comments: