Saturday, September 05, 2009

Tex-Mex Dip


0905091622.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
This is a variation of my Tex-Mex roll ups. I LOVE this recipe, and it's very versatile--I can make the roll ups, dips, snacks, main dishes, etc., with this. And, since it's football season, I'll make sure to have extra ingredients on hand at all times.

1 can black beans
1 1/2-2 cups 2% shredded cheddar cheese
1 8 oz block of fat free cream cheese, cut into cubes
1/4 cup (or more...I use a lot) chopped black olives
1/2 cup chunky salsa (you may need to use more or less depending on consistency of dip you want)

Cream together black olives and cream cheese. Add salsa. Mix in black beans and cheese. Let chill for 1 hour before serving. Serve with baked tortilla chips.

VERDICT: As usual, it's a hit!

No comments: