Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Taco/Burrito Meat


1117091818.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine

Want a great filler for your tacos and burritos? Try this filler--it tastes great and stretches a pound of hamburger! Plus, since I'm laid up with a backache, I knew I could sit down while it was cooking. Sorry--but due to my back problems, posting may be sporadic. Although, I'm thinking of making some cookies later on tonight. MAYBE.


Ingredients
1 lb. hamburger, cooked and crumbled
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
About 1/4 cup water
1 can fat free refried beans (spicy would be good, too!)
Taco seasoning (I used 1/4 c of my taco seasoning, and that's the equivalent of 1 packet)

After browning the burger, add the tomato sauce, water (I swished it around in the sauce can to get all of it out) and taco seasoning. Stir until seasoning is distributed, then add beans. Cook until thickened and heated through.

Serve with tacos or burritos.

VERDICT: This is amazingly good! My parents usually add tomato sauce to their tacos, but after reading a recipe from Tried-and-True Cooking with Heidi, I decided to add the beans. Let me tell you--THAT WAS A GOOD DECISION! I'm positive this meal could feed 10 hungry people! Plus, it tastes great.

No comments: