Sunday, February 21, 2010

Taco Loaf

I made this about a month ago, but I'm a little behind on posting it. We really like tacos. In fact, we had a taco bar at our wedding. If that doesn't spell taco commitment, I don't know what does. Anyway, I felt like making meatloaf one night, but I needed to use up some lettuce and Baked Doritos, so I added some of this and some of that to make taco loaf. 

Ingredients
1 lb. lean beef
1 egg
1 packet of taco seasoning (or equivalent)

Mix together and pat the mixture flat in a loaf pan. Top with the following: Taco sauce. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 35 minutes, or until done.

Take out of oven and let rest at least 5 minutes before cutting into the loaf. Cut into 6-8 servings. Top with any/all of the following: sour cream, cheese, lettuce, Baked Doritos, tomatoes and taco sauce.


VERDICT: We really liked this, because it was tasty to eat, and easy to take to work the next day.

No comments: