Saturday, September 04, 2010

BLT Wrap

I can't really eat peanut butter sandwiches for lunch anymore, so I've been trying to take some interesting lunch sandwiches to school. This hit the mark on a hot day a couple weeks ago. I had to eat lunch at my desk, and was surprised at how clean and easy it was to prepare at my desk instead of in the cafeteria where I have a large table. 

Ingredients
3-4 slices of cooked bacon (I used center cut)
lettuce leaves, washed and dried
diced tomatoes
1-2 TBSP mayonnaise
1 healthy wrap

Place the mayo on the wrap, add tomatoes, lettuce and bacon (diced if you wish). Roll up and enjoy!

VERDICT: Worked well for my school lunch. We have less than 20 minutes to eat, and this meal took very little of that time to prepare. Cooking the bacon the night before was essential, but you could probably use the pre-cooked bacon as well.

No comments: