Friday, September 03, 2010

Pigs in a Blanket

I feel a little embarrassed to share this, because it's so easy. And, almost everyone knows how to make them. 

However, instead of using buttermilk biscuits, like we used when I was growing up, I use crescent rolls. 

Ingredients
8-pack of hot dogs (I use beef)
4 slices cheese, folded in half
1 8-pack roll of reduced fat crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or whatever your rolls say). Prepare a pan with foil, and spray with nonstick spray. Next, unroll crescent rolls and take apart. On each roll place 1/2 of a slice of cheese. Then, place hot dog on the fat end of the crescent. Roll the hot dog in the dough towards the point. Place point side down on the baking sheet. Do this for the other seven hot dogs. Bake for 17-20 minutes.

VERDICT: So fun, fast and good! And, I know they're not good for you, but hot dogs are great every now and then.

No comments: