Saturday, January 08, 2011

No PB Puppy Chow AND Santa Hats

I wanted a no peanut butter puppy chow, so I came up with this idea. I think it worked well! Also, I made Santa Hats to go with the Christmas treat. I will detail how to make the Santa Hats in another post.

Ingredients for Puppy Chow
3/4 C chocolate chips--semi-sweet
3/4 C butterscotch chips
9 C corn Chex
1 C powdered sugar (or more)

Melt chips in microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then at 10 second intervals until smooth. Meanwhile, add Chex to a large bowl (I used a gallon baggie). Then, pour the chocolate/butterscotch mixture over the Chex, stirring well, until all Chex are covered. In another baggie add the powdered sugar. Add the chocolate covered Chex to the powdered sugar and shake until well coated. Place in a large bowl to dry.

VERDICT: Tastes great!

No comments: