Thursday, March 24, 2011

Easy Rice & Beans

This recipe is so easy! I found it on a kids health site, and wanted to try it. I did change it a little, because the smallest jar of salsa I could find was a 16 ounce jar. And, I know I could have measured it out, but that would have been too easy. HA!

Ingredients
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
16 oz jar chunky salsa
1 cup minute rice, uncooked

Cook rice according to package directions. Add jar of salsa and rinsed black beans. Reheat if needed.

VERDICT: Sweet victory, you are mine! I found a vegetarian dish to take to work tomorrow. I am on an antibiotic--just finishing it--and can't eat cheese, so cheese pizza is out of the question. That has been the hard part about Lent this year, finding good vegetarian dishes that do not consist of peanut butter. And, this week I had to avoid dairy--yikes! But, I'm sure this dish will do just fine!

No comments: