Wednesday, November 30, 2011

One Pot Spaghetti

One pot spaghetti was something I threw together on one of those nights when I was super busy and needed something that I could start and leave on the stove for a few minutes. Because I was busy, I didn't measure everything, so I don't know the Points+ on it. Also, this isn't anything fancy, and I'm sure A LOT of people make their spaghetti this way. I'm just posting this to remind myself.

Ingredients
1 lb 93% lean ground beef
8 oz of spaghetti noodles (1/2 of a package)
1 28 oz jar of Prego Heart Smart Traditional Sauce
Water
Grated Parmesan cheese

Brown the ground beef in a sauce pan, then break spaghetti in half and add to pot. Add just enough hot water to cover the beef/pasta mixture. Boil until the noodles are soft. Drain water if you need to (I should have, but I let some of the water boil off later). Then, add the spaghetti sauce. This mixture will be a little thick, and you can boil it down if you wish, or eat it this way. Personally, I like it a little moist, because I know I will have leftovers, and I dislike dried out spaghetti noodles. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.

VERDICT: We all really liked this. First, it was easy to throw together, and at the end, I could let it simmer and forget about it while I was working on another project. This is a keeper in my book.

No comments: