Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Edible Easter Baskets

I made this a couple of years ago (2008 or 2009?!) while I was on Spring Break, but needed to transfer it to my recipe blog. I *think* I used peanut butter cookie dough and Rolo Caramels, but it really doesn't matter, because I just remember them as being good!

Ingredients
cookie dough (peanut butter or sugar)
Rolo Caramels or Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
Peanut M&Ms

Lightly grease a mini-muffin tin. Then, roll the cookie dough into 24 equal pieces, flatten with the palm of your hand and then stuff into the mini-muffin pan, pushing dough down gently and up the sides. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 9 minutes. Take out of oven and with the back of a spoon, gently deflate the cookie dough, pushing it up against the sides--but DO NOT break the dough. Add in the Rolo or PB Cup, and place back in oven until the cookies are done--usually 1-2 minutes.

Take out of oven and let sit for about 1-2 minutes, then place three Peanut M&Ms on the top of the chocolate. (Which I just now realized that they represent the Trinity.) Let the cookies sit for five minutes before taking out of the pan.

NOTE: You can use any cookie dough that you want. I use homemade cookie dough sometimes, and other times I use store bought. I have a sugar cookie recipe in here, and I will try to get a peanut butter one up soon! 

VERDICT: We loved this...I need to make them again this year!

No comments: