Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Morning Oatmeal

I have always loved oatmeal, so I am more than happy that Mason loves it, too. First, it's tasty; second, it packs a fiber punch; and third, it's easy to make. I know a lot of people don't care for quick oats, because they are pressed thin and quickly turn to mush, but that's how I like my oatmeal. Thus, this recipe is for quick cooking oats. 

Ingredients
1 cup dry quick cooking oats
2 cups warm-hot water
1/4 cup (or so) 2% milk
2 TBSP brown sugar
4 tsp powdered sugar for dusting, optional

Mix the oats and water together in a large microwave safe bowl. Place in microwave for two minutes. Let sit for one minute. Add sugar and stir, then add milk to the consistency that you want. Yield: 4 servings at 3 points each, 3 servings at 4 points each or 2 servings at 6 points each.

VERDICT:  We love this! I make oatmeal every weekend for Mason and myself, and whenever we're at home on weekday mornings, he gets it, too! He can really pack this away!!

No comments: