Monday, August 11, 2008

Easy Banana Muffins

1 Banana Cake Mix
1 egg white
1 1/4 C Diet 7-UP

Mix together until moist and fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 20-24 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from pan to cooling rack.

Glaze:
1-2 drops almond extract
powdered sugar
warm tap water

Mix to taste and consistency desired. Drip by teaspoon full in middle of muffin and place sliced almond on top.

IDEA: I like to place 1 bar of chocolate in the middle of the hot muffin for a sweet treat.

Yields: 18 Muffins

I usually put the chocolate bar in the middle of the muffin. I really like how easy it is to make muffins from cake mixes and will be trying different mixes in the days to come, because Jeff and I love these. I will often put a batch of baked muffins in the freezer and take out one the night before and put it in my food bag for breakfast.

No comments: