Monday, March 30, 2009

Caken Balls

Wahhahahaaaa....I renamed these from Cake Balls, because the word balls remind me of an Adam Sandler movie. Anyway, I got this recipe for free from etsy.com and decided to give it a try this week.

1 9x13 inch chocolate cake, crumbled (mixed, baked and cooled)
1 can of chocolate frosting
White chocolate coating
Assorted decorating sprinkles

Mix the crumbled cake and chocolate frosting together and form into balls. Refrigerate cake balls until cool. Meanwhile melt white chocolate coating (I used white almond bark) and coat the cake balls. Place in refrigerator until firm.


Jeff loved these, and I liked them, but didn't love them. I really like the cake ball itself, but didn't care for the coating, and I don't know what I could substitute. I would make them again, though. I used a chocolate butter cake mix and milk chocolate frosting.

No comments: