Saturday, April 04, 2009

Guacamole

My brother wanted this recipe, so here it is... a twist on In@ G@rten's guacamole dip.

2-3 Haas avocados, taken out of shell and diced
1 Roma tomato, squeezed of juice and diced
Approximately 1/2 tsp garlic
1/4 c. finely chopped white onion
Tabasco sauce--as much as you like (I generally go with 5-10)
The juice of 1/2-1 lime
Baked tortilla chips

Mix first 4 ingredients together, then mash with a fork or potato masher, leaving small chunks. Mix in Tabasco sauce to taste, then add the lime juice. The mixture should be somewhat creamy, but not runny. Let sit for at least 1/2 an hour. Serve with baked tortillas.


This is my favorite guacamole recipe and I make it whenever we want a fairly healthy dip. Sometimes I just run a knife through the mixture and leave it very chunky--it's great on tacos.

EDIT: 11/14/2010 I have been omitting the garlic in this dip, because I really just don't like garlic that much! However, it really doesn't taste different! Also, I use bottled lemon juice, and that works great, too.

No comments: