Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Ranch Cucumber Mushroom Salad

I swear I don't live on ranch dressing! It's funny, actually, because I used to HATE ranch, well, until I was probably 25. Now, I love Hidden Valley Light dressing and use it all the time. I happened to be at Wh0le F00ds this weekend and picked up the organic mini-cucumbers and mushrooms on sale.

2 cups romaine and/or iceberg lettuce, chopped
2 mini-cucumbers, sliced
3 large mushrooms, sliced

Toss together in a bowl and add approximately 1/4 c. light ranch dressing and coat well. Let sit for 30 minutes.

When ready to serve add 1-2 TBSP fresh Parmesan cheese and fresh cracked black pepper.

This makes 2 servings and was a perfect complement to our cream cheese chicken and pasta. The cucumbers taste great, and Jeff and I loved the crispness they added to the salad. I will be making this again.

No comments: