Sunday, May 03, 2009

Summer Garden


0503091545.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
This isn't exactly a food post, but we will get food from it! Part of our plan to get the backyard into shape is to put in a small garden.

Today we planted tomatoes, which you would be able to see if you had x-ray vision and could see inside of those cans. The tomatoes are covered because we have a lot of rabbits, and I really don't like feeding them my expensive plants. We also planted radishes, potatoes, peppers (red, yellow, green), onions and carrots. Plus, you can't see this, but I also planted some herbs in an herb pot. The garden is fairly small, because my parents have a large one back in Iowa and we get a lot of food from them.

Next weekend we plan to get stakes and chicken-wire from Lowe's, but we're too tired today. And, we're going to edge the garden with something, we just haven't decided yet, so that's why I hoed a big box around the garden area.

Unfortunately I didn't get all of the turtles in the pictures, but in the upper right hand corner you can see part of my Michelangelo and Donatello Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle yard ornaments that my parents made me.

No comments: