Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Beef Roast with Carrots and Potatoes


0601091845.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
My mom makes a mean beef roast. Needless to say, it's one of my favorites and I'm happy to say that Jeff loves it too, so we eat it a lot. I made this last night, but it still tastes great today!

2-4 pound beef roast
1 lb carrots (I used baby carrots)
4-5 medium sized potatoes
4 cups beef broth (or enough to cover the roast)
black pepper

Place roast in slow cooker (it does not need to be seared) and season with black pepper. Arrange carrots and potatoes on top of roast and pour beef broth over the ingredients. Cook on high for 4-5 hours...or longer. The longer this cooks the more tender it is.

Once it is finished, raise the carrots, potatoes and roast out of the liquid and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, you may add flour to the beef broth to make a gravy.

Eat the roast with ketchup!


Of course we both love this recipe! My mom still makes this roast for holidays, or whenever she has a houseful of guests. The best part, though, is that you can make a ton of different recipes with the leftovers. Not only have I made shredded bbq beef, but I'll make shredded tacos, too. Look forward to those recipes in future posts!

No comments: