Monday, June 22, 2009

Egg Salad Sandwiches


0622091758.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
It was another hot one out and I forgot to clean out the slow cooker, so I found myself trying to find something 'cool' to make for supper. I called my mom and asked for her egg salad recipe, because I knew the burner wouldn't be on for more than 10 minutes, so it wouldn't heat up the house too much. Thus...supper consisted of egg salad sandwiches, watermelon and baked chips with ranch dip.

NOTE: THIS IS A RECIPE FOR 2-3 SANDWICHES
3 Eggs, hard boiled and diced
Black pepper
1 TBSP dill relish
2 TBSP diced onion
About 1/4 c. Light Miracle Whip
Paprika
Bread
Pimento Cheese Spread

Mix the diced eggs with relish, onion, pepper and enough Light Miracle Whip to make it moist.

To make one sandwich: spread pimento cheese spread on on one slice of bread, and close it with another. Place 1/2-1/3 of the egg salad mixture on the third piece of bread and sprinkle with paprika. "Close" the egg salad sandwich with the cheese spread sandwich to make a 3-tier sandwich.


I usually hate egg salad, but even this was good to me. And, while I may only make it 1-2 times per year, I have to admit it hit the spot on such a hot day. The cheese spread really makes the sandwich, because, as Jeff says, it makes it taste like a deviled egg salad sandwich.

No comments: