Friday, June 26, 2009

My Shakespeare Cake




0626092037.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
Roses. What can I say about frosting roses? Well, they're hard on the mind. You can have it all figured out and one false move and the rose will collapse.

I like this cake--except for the bow--and would be proud to say it's mine. The borders are a 16 & 24(?) shell, the bottom border has sweet peas piped after every 3 shells. There are 5 roses around a mound, where I placed the sixth and final rose. I learned that leaves are NOT my thing. It took me forever to get them right.

I piped "To be or not to be..." on the top, because I couldn't think of anything else to put there.

I enjoyed Course 1 and graduated tonight. I start Course 2 in two weeks. I learned a lot this time, but the next course will have even more techniques.

No comments: