Friday, August 07, 2009

Quick Slow Cooker Ham and Taters


0807092045.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
I am usually not a proponent of meals that come from a box, but I was in a hurry today. So, I threw together what I had on hand, and we thought it made a good meal.

Ingredients
1 box of au gratin potatoes
2 diced tomatoes, take the peel off
5 servings of ham (I used leftover lunch meat)
4 cups water
2 oz 2% cheese, shredded
1/2 c. crushed cornflakes

Place boxed potatoes and the cheese mix that comes with it in a greased slow cooker. Add ham, tomatoes and water, then stir. Sprinkle cheese over that layer and lastly add cornflakes. Add pepper to taste.

Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 4-6.

Makes 5 servings.

Verdict: This was a good meal, even if it came from a box!

No comments: