Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Snickers Bar Cookies


0811092102.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
Tomorrow starts yearbook camp, so I decided to bake a sweet treat for my class. This recipe is from my 1997 4-H cookbook. I've made it a few times, and always regret it later, because they are very good! The only change I have made to the recipe is that I don't flatten the cookie with a spatula when it comes out of the oven.

Ingredients
1 c. salted butter
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 large eggs
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
Fun-sized Snickers bars cut in half (so they are square-like)

Cream together the first 4 ingredients, then add eggs and mix again. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Wrap dough around the Snickers and place on a greased baking stone. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes (my soft ones took 11, but I like them crunchy so I cooked them at 12). IF YOU CHOOSE--you may flatten the cookie with a spatula when it comes out of the oven. However, I did not do this.


VERDICT: YUMMY! They are soft and chewy with a surprise center!

No comments: