Monday, August 24, 2009

Teriyaki Chix


0824091904.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
Well, I had 2 buttons placed on bottom teeth, and one on top. Let me tell you this: IT'S PAINFUL! However, I would not give up my Invisalign for anything. My teeth and my bite will be much improved (but not perfect, because I didn't want to shell out $2,500 more than the $2,500 I'm paying now for just ONE tooth).

Anyway, I knew I needed something tender for supper tonight, and it had to be tasty, because we had a friend over for supper. Luckily, Heidi from Tried-and-True Cooking with Heidi had a great teriyaki chicken post the other day, and she's never steered me wrong before. Although, I made a few changes. Most notably I added some chicken broth to the slow cooker, because I knew this would be in the cooker for 10-12 hours and we wouldn't be home to watch it.


Ingredients
1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 c. Splenda
3/4 c. less sodium soy sauce
approximately 1-2 cups chicken broth
1/2 c. cider vinegar
1/4-1/2 tsp. garlic

Place chicken in slow cooker, then add other ingredients and cook on low until done--8 hours or so.

What I did: The night before I made this I defrosted chicken that I froze in chicken broth. I then mixed the soy sauce, Splenda. vinegar and garlic in a bowl. In the morning (at mother heifer 6:30 a.m.--I HATE MORNINGS) I placed the chicken and broth in the slow cooker, then added the liquid, making sure to stir well.

VERDICT: Love <3. This makes a very very very tender chicken, and the sauce tastes fantastic as well. I paired this chicken up with a homemade potato salad and strawberry Jello salad. YUM!

No comments: