Monday, September 28, 2009

Mom's Apple Crisp


0927091613.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
My mom makes this all the time during the autumn months. Last weekend she brought some baking apples (the ones that have bad spots---you just cut around them), and she gladly gave me some.

What better way to celebrate autumn than this apple crisp!

Now, I can't give exact amounts for apples, because God forbid anyone in my family actually measure, but I can give approximate amounts!


Ingredients
Apples (5-8), diced
About 1/3 C white sugar
Cinnamon
1 C brown sugar
1 C old fashioned oats
1 C flour
1/2 C (one stick) butter, melted

Grease a pan (in my case I used an 8-11 pan), and fill 3/4 of the way full with apples. Add white sugar and cinnamon to taste.

Meanwhile, mix brown sugar and oats and flour. Mix in melted butter until the dough is sticky and clumps together. Place the dough on top of the apple mixture.

Cook at 350 degrees until done...maybe around 40 minutes?! I said it wasn't a PRECISE recipe!!


VERDICT: LOVE AUTUMN APPLES!

No comments: