Saturday, September 19, 2009

Rose Cake


0916091750.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
WOW. Between school, cake class, grading papers, football games and a visit from the in-laws, I've been busy!

Because my in-laws came up from New Mexico for a short visit, Jeff wanted me to bake a cake.

So I did.

It fell apart, because I took it out of the pan when it was still a little too warm. It cracked in the middle. I patched it, and put roses over it. I can still tell where it sank in a little.

The cake is all butter cream. The roses and stars are pinkish, but it's hard to tell in the picture. The butter cream on the base of the cake is cream colored, because I used butter flavored shortening.

I don't think it looks great; I only had about 45 minutes to frost the entire thing.

No comments: