Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Cheese Puffs and Maggots with Eye of Newt


1103091834.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine
I was being creative last night and trying to gross out my husband, so I came up with this festive menu.While the Maggots with Eye of Newt is my design,the cheese puffs are courtesy of Cooking During Stolen Moments.

Ingredients for Maggots with Eye of Newt
2 cups of elbow macaroni, cooked to al dente
1 small jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 jar green olives
1/2 lb. hamburger

After cooking macaroni, add sauce, meat and olives and cook until hot. Garnish with strips of Parmesan cheese.

Ingredients: Cheese Puffs
1 1/4 c. finely shredded cheddar cheese (I used Colby-Jack this time)
2 1/2 T. butter or margarine
1/2 c. flour
1/2-3/4 tsp spices (I used garlic and paprika)
1 small jar of green olives

Mix everything together except for olives until it resembles a dough. Then flatten out a small round of dough and wrap it around the olive (I always put too much on and then take some off). Repeat until dough is gone. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.


VERDICT: What a yummy meal! I've made the cheese puffs before, and we always like them! And, as you can tell, we are HUGE fans of olives, so the cheese puffs are great with the olives, but we have used jalapenos in the past. The Maggots with eye of newt is pretty good, too!

No comments: