Sunday, November 01, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies


1031091815.jpg
Originally uploaded by IowaSunshine

This is my mom's recipe, I'm not entirely sure where she got it from, but I remember that the sugar cookie recipe had some type of company affiliation with it...I think. Anyway, she always makes these for Halloween, and we get to decorate them. I haven't been back home to Iowa since August, so I couldn't decorate her cookies, and I missed it. Therefore, I made some of my own!

Ingredients
Cream together: 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar.
Blend in: 1 medium egg (I use large and there's no problem)
Sift and add: 2 tsp baking powder and 2 cups flour (I don't sift, and I don't have problems)
Blend in: 1/2 tsp vanilla

Chill. Roll out to desired thickness and cut with a pumpkin cookie cutter. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.

Frost with your favorite orange and green frosting. (I used 1/4 cup milk, 2/3 cup soft butter, 4 cups powdered sugar and some vanilla for flavoring.)

Decorate each cookie with 2 M&Ms for eyes, a candy corn for the nose and more M&Ms for the face.


VERDICT: Not as good as Mom's...my frosting tasted a little off, not sure why. And, my candy corn was HUGE!! But, overall, still good enough to let company eat if we had company.

No comments: