Sunday, March 07, 2010

Donuts

Tonight I'm cleaning up some pictures on my desktop, so I'll be adding recipes if I have time. I have a fabulous recipe for you, though. I first spotted this recipe at Cooking During Stolen Moments and wanted to try my hand at making donuts. I made these, and I had to freeze half of them right away, or we would have eaten them all. You must make these! 

Ingredients
2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp salt
1 T baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 T butter, softened
1/2 c milk
1 beaten egg

Place dry ingredients in a bowl, add butter and beat until combined. Add milk and egg. Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a large pan or skillet. After oil heats, roll out dough on a floured surface (I used my hand and patted it down) to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut out into circles, and cut out a center (I used circle cookie cutters for this). OR (as I did for some of them), roll into 1 inch balls.

Fry donuts until LIGHT brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Be careful though, some of mine got a little dark.

You may roll in powdered sugar, granulated sugar, or glaze the donuts. I divided the donuts into batches and did some in the sugars and some with glaze. We liked them both ways.

VERDICT: LOVE! I am only going to make these a few times per year, because we would gain some major poundage with them around all of the time. I did freeze some of the donuts, however, we found out that they freeze well and are are easy to eat right out of the freezer. Um, they are TOO much of a temptation if we found that out!

No comments: