Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sour Cream Banana Muffins

Last week our bananas turned brown very fast. I will eat them when they're brown, but Jeff will not. Since I had quite a few to use, I found this recipe over at Kara's Kitchen Creations and decided to give it a try. I'm so happy I did. 

Ingredients
1/3 c soft butter
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 c sour cream (I used light)
3 very ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla (I used homemade)
2 1/4 c flour
1 1/2 tsp salt (I add about 1/2 tsp because I used salted butter)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c chopped nuts, optional (*I used pecans and only put them on the top of the muffin)

Cream butter and sugar. Mix in wet ingredients. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Fill muffin tins about 1/2 full (I used cupcake liners). *After filling the tins, I added chopped pecans to the top of the dough and lightly pressed it into the mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for about 18 minutes (I think I went 20 or so). Makes 2 dozen.

VERDICT: Fabulous. They are moist, freeze well, and have a fantastic banana flavor. We've been eating these for breakfast, and sometimes we'll sneak one during lunch or for dessert. I want to keep this recipe in rotation, because it's cheaper than buying breakfast foods.

No comments: