Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ranch Pretzel Nuggets

We love the ranch flavored pretzels, but they are VERY bad for you. So, I decided to try my hand at making them, so I can control the ingredients. This tastes about the same, and has A LOT less calories.

Ingredients
1 lb sourdough pretzel nuggets
2 TBSP vegetable oil (you might be able to get away with 1 1/2)
3 TBSP ranch dressing powder (I used Hidden Valley Ranch)

Pour nuggets into a gallon sized plastic storage bag, then add the oil. Seal the bag and shake vigorously until the oil has been distributed. Next, add the ranch dressing powder, and shake until all pieces are coated well. Let sit for at least an hour so the flavors may meld.

VERDICT: Nice alternative!! However, the flavor is not as strong as the ones in the store. I don't have an issue with that, but if you do, you might want to add some garlic powder.

No comments: