Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Whole Chicken--Slow Cooker Style

I've seen many people make a whole chicken in the slow cooker, so I decided to try my hand at it. I have to admit, it's very easy--plus very little cleanup if you have a removable pot like I do! 

Ingredients
1 Whole chicken, take out giblets, etc (my chicken did not have this)
1 c water

Place chicken in the slow cooker, then add water to the pot. Cook on high for about 8 hours, or until done.


VERDICT:  Easy-peasy! I now have chicken for lunches, and for casseroles. And, it was fairly cheap! Please note that the water I added helped thin the chicken juices on the bottom of the pot, and I was able to strain the juice to use as future chicken broth. All I have to do is skim the fat off the top of the broth, and it's good to go.

No comments: