Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Cake/My Birthday Cake

If you no longer read this blog, I don't blame you. I've been absent, but I have a good reason! Actually, a big reason: I'm growing a baby bump! My morning sickness was AWFUL, and I'm still not interested in food at all. To be honest, I lost about 10 pounds, and am about 4 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. But, I have 5 more months to gain a little bit of weight. :)

To take some of the food load off of my mom, I volunteered to make the Father's Day cake/my birthday cake. I have never really had my own cake, because my birthday often lands on Father's Day, and I was actually born on Father's Day. Even though my birthday fell on Tuesday last week, I won't be seeing my parents and brothers until tomorrow (Father's Day), so this cake is for both Dad and myself.

The technique I used was a rosette. This is usually easy, but since I haven't made a cake for about 9 months, I found I was definitely out of shape. It took me a good 20 minutes to really get into the groove and get the rosettes how I like them. I'll be the first to admit that it's not perfect, but then again, isn't that what makes it so much better than a store-bought cake?

This picture is not good. Hmm...I think I need a new cellphone. *HINT HINT*

No comments: