Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Cookies And Cream Salad

One of the other salads I made for the Fourth of July was a cookies and cream salad that I had had at graduations as a little kid. And, even though I used some lower fat and sugar free ingredients, it still had a great taste. I don't even have to guess, I know everyone liked this. I got the recipe out of my hometown cookbook from 1991. 


Ingredients
1 box of instant vanilla pudding (I used sugar free)
2 cups milk
16 oz whipped topping (2 tubs) (I used fat free--generic)
10 oz. mini marshmallows (About 3/4 of a 12 oz bag)
36 chocolate sandwich cookies (I used generic)

Mix pudding mix and milk together and let sit for about 5 minutes, or until soft set. Fold in whipped topping and mini marshmallows. Crush sandwich cookies (at least into fourths) and add to salad. Refrigerate for 2 or more hours. Stir well before serving.


VERDICT: Jeff said this was like dirt--but I said it was much easier to make! I really do like this salad, even though it's very rich. Also--this makes a lot of salad! What you see in the picture is what was left after we ate supper on the Fourth.

No comments: