Monday, July 05, 2010

Veggie Platter

I made this for the Fourth of July get-together at my house (please ignore all of the clutter in the background). I was dumb and bought heads of broccoli and cauliflower and cleaned it myself. True, it was cheaper, but it took A LOT longer than I wanted to spend on it. Also, there was supposed to be celery, but the celery I bought was a little, well, rank. It was still good, but very smelly. 

Anyway, I attached the olives with skewers to a head of iceberg lettuce,which is cut in half, and both halves are set next to each other. The rest are attached with toothpicks to the head of lettuce.   

For the radishes, I cleaned and made them into rosettes. Cut off the top and bottom of each radish then crisscross cut into the sides. 


Last, but not least, I want to add that I found this idea from a book I have about fruit and veggie platters. I took the idea and ran with it, because I don't have a basket I wanted to use.

Ingredients
Veggies of your choice
skewers
toothpicks
head of lettuce, cut in half (for the base)

No comments: