Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chicken BLT Salad

Let me first apologize if this post does not make sense; my computer time is when I feed the baby, so I only have one arm!

I found this recipe over at Cassie Craves and knew it would make a perfect week night meal. I made a few changes, because we don't like cherry tomatoes (ok, I don't), I used Ranch dressing, and I used less bacon and croutons. 

Ingredients for 2
2 small cooked chicken breasts, cut on an angle
6 slices bacon, crisped and crumbled
1 box croutons  (I plated how to each person's taste)
Washed romaine
1 plum (Roma) tomato, seeded and diced
A buttermilk dressing (I used Hidden Valley Light Ranch)

Toss romaine, tomato, bacon and croutons together. Place chicken on top. Add dressing to taste.

Verdict: Easy! I cooked the chicken and bacon in the oven at the same time, which helped on cleanup, and everything else just came together!

Considering I created this blog for my family, so I would have a recipe collection for when they want something I make, I think I've hit some home-runs, and this is one of those! 

No comments: